Monday, November 8, 2010

Cupcakes!

The thought of cupcakes make me happy! I read Bakerella’s blog and drool thinking of cupcakes. But they aren’t so popular here in India. Or are they? The only ‘cupcakish’ food I’ve come across are chocolate muffins and the plain sponge cake variety. Someone had put up a cupcake link on Facebook and that got me so excited. But it all looked pretty disappointing mainly because everything looked so fluorescent. I only hope it tasted better than it looked.

I remain undeterred though and have decided to make myself some cupcakes this Christmas. I plan to try Bakerella’s S’more Cupcakes. I could probably opt for something simpler as this would be my first try at cupcakes… but what’s trying if you’re unwilling to go the distance. So I went the distance and even bought myself some very pretty cupcake liners from Sweet Estelle’s Baking Supply on Etsy to inspire me.

Here’s hoping that this Christmas my cupcake dreams come true!


2 comments:

  1. Have I told you that there was a time when I was in this big cup cake baking spree.. My obsession was so bad that a friend of mine actually presented me a 'cupcake baking' book. Now, these pictures make me want to get back to baking... and that too cupcakes.. I share your love for cupcakes becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anita - Really? I didn't know about that. Maybe you can send me some recipes and ideas!

    ReplyDelete